First of all "Jai Maharashtra!" I am not saying this to appease anyone but it comes from the bottom of my heart. I was born and brought up in this wonderful state and I am as much of a Mumbaikar as one can be.
Now carrying on the business of the day, have you ever felt so out of place that you wish you could turn invisible or melt away into the ground or be teleported to hell coz that seems to be a much better place? Well I just had that today. Throughout engineering I have been told (by my friends) that notes are our best friends and to stay away from textbooks. But being in the 8th sem causes strange reactions in people.
I found myself to be the only guy clutching onto his notes while the rest of the gang were flipping pages of Tanenbaum. Even the most staunch supporter of notes (name withheld for privacy) tells me to switch over to textbooks coz this is the last sem. But what's the difference after all? Notes are nothing but badly printed (and then xeroxed) text excerpts from the textbooks. You get what is required (or even less) sans the good old stories and jokes that Mr.Tanenbaum is famous (or infamous) for.
In the end the external will definitely ask you something that you've never ever heard of or something totally unrelated. The moral of the story is "Be true to yourself. If you have never ever touched a textbook in your entire engg life, don't break the trend (atleast not on the eve of the exams)."
Now carrying on the business of the day, have you ever felt so out of place that you wish you could turn invisible or melt away into the ground or be teleported to hell coz that seems to be a much better place? Well I just had that today. Throughout engineering I have been told (by my friends) that notes are our best friends and to stay away from textbooks. But being in the 8th sem causes strange reactions in people.
I found myself to be the only guy clutching onto his notes while the rest of the gang were flipping pages of Tanenbaum. Even the most staunch supporter of notes (name withheld for privacy) tells me to switch over to textbooks coz this is the last sem. But what's the difference after all? Notes are nothing but badly printed (and then xeroxed) text excerpts from the textbooks. You get what is required (or even less) sans the good old stories and jokes that Mr.Tanenbaum is famous (or infamous) for.
In the end the external will definitely ask you something that you've never ever heard of or something totally unrelated. The moral of the story is "Be true to yourself. If you have never ever touched a textbook in your entire engg life, don't break the trend (atleast not on the eve of the exams)."
No comments:
Post a Comment