I would like to profusely thank Ms.****** for taking on the role of our moral custodian, filing a PIL and dragging the judiciary to ban all my favourite movie channels. Thanks to her efforts I am left with watching music channels (since I am not much interested in sports or news) with all its "non adult" content.
Music videos have the morally upright and clean content which is fit for children to watch along with their parents. After all watching sexy bombshells competing to do raunchier dance numbers with their clothes getting skimpier day by day seems to be much better than watching movies like Mrs. Doubtfire or A Beautiful Mind. A few beautiful kissing scenes between couples, where the script demands, in movies are definitely more vulgar than these item numbers where skin show is to such an extent that little is left for imagination.
As far as the shows like Desperate Housewives and Sex and the City are concerned then the broadcasters take care to screen them after 10. Shouldn't that be way past the bed time of school kids? Why only target these shows? As if the story lines of our so called "rooted in indian culture" saas-bahu serials are any better. There is blatant adultery, sleeping around, extra marital affairs and seduction in almost every show. The costumes have necklines deeper than the Mariana Trench showing ample skin (I dare not use the word "cleaveage" lest they should censor it).
Do they really think that kids get their dose of porn from Television? All I can say is I pity them for their ignorance. Anyways the good news is that I've been offered a position at a startup firm called Vistaar and in all probability I'll be joining from September, 1. Hopefully this would leave me with very less time to while away in front of the Idiot Box.
No comments:
Post a Comment