This is a condensed version of my week gone by (including the misery)...
Friday: I've got the first call from amdocs' recruitment agency and they need me to mail them my marks breakup (very urgent). I get disconnected from the net the second time in the night and the only way to get back online is to restart my PC (yeah this is a peculiar problem with a broadband net connection only I seem to be facing). Since its already 2 am, I sms the friend with whom I was chatting about the situation and doze off.
Saturday: I try to get online but no luck. I call up my service provider only to be greeted with a constantly ringing phone or a busy tone. This continues throughout the day. Still no luck.
Sunday: Its friendship day today. I get up in the morning with an upset stomach. As the day progresses I develop a 101 degree fever. With all the energy sapped out I still make one last ditch attempt to get online, no luck.
Monday: The rain gods have been generous and the trend seems to continue today also. I finally manage to get through on the telephone with my net provider. When I tell the lady that my connection has been down from saturday she yells at me for not calling them before. I am assured an engineer will come by and she takes down my address and telephone number. Its evening now, still no sign of the engineer nor is my connection up. I call her up again, this time she informs me about how they can't get hold of a key to a terrace to check a switch in the network and assures me that the work will be done by tomorrow morning. Again she notes down my details.
Tuesday: There seems to be a break in the incessant rains. I decide to college to complete some formalities. Later we go to a restaurant nearby to celebrate a friend's b'day. The rains have started again, I decide its wiser to head back home and jump into a bus. I reach home with a hope of getting online. No luck. Exasperated I revive my analog modem which had been in exile from the past 3 years. Installation was a breeze, everything was working except for the fact that it was taking forever to load a page and then there were the frequent disconnections to deal with. I give up. There is no use calling my net provider coz their working hours are from 11 to 7 (can you believe that...phew)
Wednesday: I am pissed off. I call them up and this time my tone means business. I am greeted by a male voice (a happy relief from those stupid females who don't seem to know a thing and keep jotting down my details) and he can't seem to believe what I am telling him. He too promises to send an engineer by. I tell him I've heard this lots of time and no one comes by. He assures me there will be someone here in an hour. To my utter disbelief there was indeed an engineer (not one but two) at my doorstep within the stipulated time. He told me that the switch in my building needs to be replaced and that the connection should be up by evening. Its 5 and still no luck. I call up again, they tell me they've replaced the faulty device. Well I tell them the connection is still down. I am promised service within half an hour and surprisingly it happens. After a lot of running up and down, they manage to get it working. I send them off with a thanks.
For the first time is 3 years have I been provided with prompt service from my service provider. Usually the network has no problems (the customer support sucks) but then when it does develop a snag, it takes forever to rectify it. I still remember once I had to wait for over a month (that too during the vacations) when all they had to do was replace a switch in the neighbouring building (they didn't realise this because inspite of the promises the engineers never came).
So this prompt service comes as a welcome relief and a surprise. I hope they could and would read this to understand how much trouble it caused me and how much I appreciate what they did today. I hope they keep up the good work.
Friday: I've got the first call from amdocs' recruitment agency and they need me to mail them my marks breakup (very urgent). I get disconnected from the net the second time in the night and the only way to get back online is to restart my PC (yeah this is a peculiar problem with a broadband net connection only I seem to be facing). Since its already 2 am, I sms the friend with whom I was chatting about the situation and doze off.
Saturday: I try to get online but no luck. I call up my service provider only to be greeted with a constantly ringing phone or a busy tone. This continues throughout the day. Still no luck.
Sunday: Its friendship day today. I get up in the morning with an upset stomach. As the day progresses I develop a 101 degree fever. With all the energy sapped out I still make one last ditch attempt to get online, no luck.
Monday: The rain gods have been generous and the trend seems to continue today also. I finally manage to get through on the telephone with my net provider. When I tell the lady that my connection has been down from saturday she yells at me for not calling them before. I am assured an engineer will come by and she takes down my address and telephone number. Its evening now, still no sign of the engineer nor is my connection up. I call her up again, this time she informs me about how they can't get hold of a key to a terrace to check a switch in the network and assures me that the work will be done by tomorrow morning. Again she notes down my details.
Tuesday: There seems to be a break in the incessant rains. I decide to college to complete some formalities. Later we go to a restaurant nearby to celebrate a friend's b'day. The rains have started again, I decide its wiser to head back home and jump into a bus. I reach home with a hope of getting online. No luck. Exasperated I revive my analog modem which had been in exile from the past 3 years. Installation was a breeze, everything was working except for the fact that it was taking forever to load a page and then there were the frequent disconnections to deal with. I give up. There is no use calling my net provider coz their working hours are from 11 to 7 (can you believe that...phew)
Wednesday: I am pissed off. I call them up and this time my tone means business. I am greeted by a male voice (a happy relief from those stupid females who don't seem to know a thing and keep jotting down my details) and he can't seem to believe what I am telling him. He too promises to send an engineer by. I tell him I've heard this lots of time and no one comes by. He assures me there will be someone here in an hour. To my utter disbelief there was indeed an engineer (not one but two) at my doorstep within the stipulated time. He told me that the switch in my building needs to be replaced and that the connection should be up by evening. Its 5 and still no luck. I call up again, they tell me they've replaced the faulty device. Well I tell them the connection is still down. I am promised service within half an hour and surprisingly it happens. After a lot of running up and down, they manage to get it working. I send them off with a thanks.
For the first time is 3 years have I been provided with prompt service from my service provider. Usually the network has no problems (the customer support sucks) but then when it does develop a snag, it takes forever to rectify it. I still remember once I had to wait for over a month (that too during the vacations) when all they had to do was replace a switch in the neighbouring building (they didn't realise this because inspite of the promises the engineers never came).
So this prompt service comes as a welcome relief and a surprise. I hope they could and would read this to understand how much trouble it caused me and how much I appreciate what they did today. I hope they keep up the good work.
1 comment:
Service does seem to have gotten better these days.
Yay for us!
Post a Comment