"Freedom means the liberty to pee anywhere I wish." This is exactly what I heard a young chap blurt out on stage at a youth meet some time back. I don't know whether it was his irreverence or total ignorance that made him state this but I am sure if our freedom fighters heard this they would turn over in their graves. Do we really take our freedom and security for granted? Our jawans bear the extreme conditions and put their lives on the line everyday for ensuring our way of life and is this how we repay them, by being totally selfish without even a hint of gratitude.
Over the period of time the meaning of freedom has undergone a lot of change. There was once a time when freedom was more than an ideology. The entire nation was united and ready to die for it. But today it means a politician can siphon off hundreds of crores of the tax payers money in scams and still enjoy z category security (which ironically the same tax payers pay for). Unfortunately the law never catches up with them and they die their natural deaths only to be buried with full national honours. The money sadly is never recovered.
We must never forget that along with freedom comes responsibilities. Exercising one's freedom shouldn't include denying someone else's. The best part about freedom is that I am able to put this in front of you all with no fear. Jai Hind.
Over the period of time the meaning of freedom has undergone a lot of change. There was once a time when freedom was more than an ideology. The entire nation was united and ready to die for it. But today it means a politician can siphon off hundreds of crores of the tax payers money in scams and still enjoy z category security (which ironically the same tax payers pay for). Unfortunately the law never catches up with them and they die their natural deaths only to be buried with full national honours. The money sadly is never recovered.
We must never forget that along with freedom comes responsibilities. Exercising one's freedom shouldn't include denying someone else's. The best part about freedom is that I am able to put this in front of you all with no fear. Jai Hind.
No comments:
Post a Comment