My neighbour just bought a second hand car and since he has recently obtained his license, he asked me to give him some driving lessons. I gladly accepted the offer (what better way to spend my usually dull mornings). Now I've been driving since I was 16 (that gives me 8yrs of experience behind the wheel) and I must say I am pretty good. In fact driving has become like a reflex action for me.
The parking space around our apartment building is narrow and hence it takes very precise driving manoeuvres to get the car into its slot. Considering my expertise in this matter, he gladly handed over the keys to me (thinking his car is in safe hands). Now I am pretty careful (most of the times) but who knows what happened. I was negotiating this turn (taking care not to crash into the vehicle parked up front ), when all of a sudden I heard the sound of metal scraping.
Luckily for him (and unluckily for me) it was just a minor scrape and the paint had been scratched (nothing that a touch-up job can't fix). There was no dent or any metal damage. Sadly the only damage was to my reputation. I think its God's way of telling me not to get ahead of myself, to take it easy, never be over confident and always be cautious.
The parking space around our apartment building is narrow and hence it takes very precise driving manoeuvres to get the car into its slot. Considering my expertise in this matter, he gladly handed over the keys to me (thinking his car is in safe hands). Now I am pretty careful (most of the times) but who knows what happened. I was negotiating this turn (taking care not to crash into the vehicle parked up front ), when all of a sudden I heard the sound of metal scraping.
Luckily for him (and unluckily for me) it was just a minor scrape and the paint had been scratched (nothing that a touch-up job can't fix). There was no dent or any metal damage. Sadly the only damage was to my reputation. I think its God's way of telling me not to get ahead of myself, to take it easy, never be over confident and always be cautious.
No comments:
Post a Comment