Thursday, June 24, 2010

To cycle or not...

Almost every other day I visit this blog (right after checking Sree's) hoping that a new post would magically appear but alas I end up disappointed. The fact that this is not a group blog means that its up to me to make stuff happen and anyone who has even remotely known me can vouch for the fact that I am not too keen on taking up responsibility.

Anyway, a post was long overdue and I got a pleasant surprise in the form of "Theme Editor". This is a new feature introduced by blogger and is really helpful for design disadvantaged mortals like me. Of course design templates have existed forever and Akky probably would disapprove of it but I liked it. It helped me change the face of my blog in like 5 secs. Cool...

The real reason of this post is to address my ever growing neglect towards my cycle. I had bought it in Trivandrum with the hope that it would inspire me to start cycling and thus in turn get in shape. But as you can guess, it didn't turn out as expected. In the two years I had it there, I might have rode it 3 or 4 times tops. I tried getting rid of it (selling it, gifting it to my brother-in-law, etc) but it stuck with me.

I had a great time cycling while growing up and I wanna feel the same energy and enthusiasm once again. Bangalore's climate is almost perfect but I just can't drag myself out of bed in the morning (its really chilly). Hopefully I will gather up enough will-power to kick aside my lethargy and begin a new chapter of fun on the road.

1 comment:

ksp said...

I've given up on Bangalore mornings, esp. in the Winter. This time summer was also bad, with me not seeing the light of the day till very late [hostel room is completely surrounded by dense foliage].

For cycling, I suggest start with the weekends, and then commute :D