Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Oops I did it again..."

I had made it a point to post atleast once a week but now its been 13 days since my last post. Its not if I was too busy with work and all but I simply had no work to do. The people at Vistaar are too busy with a scheduled release for the 19th of this month and hence they seem to have forgotten about us freshers. Its for the same reason that our tech training has been postponed indefinitely.

So you may ask "What the hell have you been doing all this while?". Well we have a 2Mbps connection over here with no domain or site restrictions of any kind. They trust us not to violate their confidence (movie downloads are definitely out of the question). So I have been checking my mails, orkutting and gobbling up article after article on wiki (some technical articles but mostly about cars, movies, sitcoms and other tech stuff). And yeah some tutorials on Java as mentioned in my previous post.

Finally after more than a month of fiddling around (and getting paid in the process) I was assigned to work on a project for our sister concern Row2 Technologies. I was excited (since this would be the first time I would be working with JSP and EJB) and all geared up to begin work only to be let down to know that I was not granted access permissions to the server. So yesterday I dashed off a mail to the concerned persons and am still waiting for the feedback.

Looks like I am not destined to begin actual work in Vistaar coz just day before yesterday I got that well awaited email from Infy asking me to join for training in Mysore on November 20, 2006. And its not just me, there is a whole bunch of DBITians coming down to Mysore with me... Bosco, Prajakta Jabade, Lyceca, Roshan, Sneha Abraham, just to name a few. Looks like I'll be back in college again.

1 comment:

Aam Aadmi said...

Cool! Mysore campus is just like college!