I for one don't think that Mumbai is rude or very polite either for that matter. It treats you the way you treat it. Its just a matter of "as you sow, so shall you reap". Mumbai can be indifferent and apathetic at times but really generous and selfless at other times. The never say die attitude is typical of Mumbaikars and it makes Mumbai the wonderful city it is. It welcomes every one with open arms. For every cheat in mumbai we will find atleast 10 honest people.
Its really unfair to measure Mumbai by western standards coz our culture is totally different. First of all english is not our mother tongue and we aren't raised according to their culture. So forgive me for supporting the mumbaikars who don't mind their P's and Q's. Its the warmth and love that these people have to offer that counts. Which other country lives by the saying "Atithi devo bhava" (The guest is an incarnation of God).
And to top it all New York is supposed to be the most polite city in the world according to these so called researchers. Do I need to present any more arguments in punching a hole in the credibility of the report? I really don't think so. I rest my case. Its upto you to decide.
Its really unfair to measure Mumbai by western standards coz our culture is totally different. First of all english is not our mother tongue and we aren't raised according to their culture. So forgive me for supporting the mumbaikars who don't mind their P's and Q's. Its the warmth and love that these people have to offer that counts. Which other country lives by the saying "Atithi devo bhava" (The guest is an incarnation of God).
And to top it all New York is supposed to be the most polite city in the world according to these so called researchers. Do I need to present any more arguments in punching a hole in the credibility of the report? I really don't think so. I rest my case. Its upto you to decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment