Monday, January 14, 2008

"2 more days to go... just made it in time"

Just 2 more days before the completion of three whole months since my last post. I somehow had to squeeze this one in before that happened. So here it is first post of the year 2008 and what more appropriate topic than to discuss the proceedings of the day, January 1, 2008.

A much awaited vacation and trip back home was realized on December 21, 2008. I had booked the flight tickets (No I wasn't gonna repeat my mistake of travelling by train) way back in September and informed my PM about the same, but the leave was not approved till the end moment (even then it wasn't, it was auto approved by the system). Being back in Mumbai was a welcome relief from the hectic work schedule. This time around the car (my baby) didn't give my any trouble and I was able to meet a whole lot of friends I had missed out on last time.

My KCGF (kaam chalau girl friend), Alpa has gone to the Arts School in California to do her MS in the field of Animation. I always knew she was a cartoon but to think of her creating other cartoons... this is too much! And yeah before you blast me for my display of ignorance I am fully aware of the fact that animation is not just only about cartoons. I returned back to Trivandrum on December 30, 2008 (I didn't know that January 1 was an optional holiday for us).

But it worked out for the better since my parents flew down the very next day since we had an appointment in Cochin on January 1, 2009. We were going to meet my future in laws and my would be wife. Huh what? when? how? I know its kind of a surprise and believe me you I still can't believe it. Her name is Shillu and she is a colleague of mine. We've known each other for over an year now but the dramatic turn of events took place in the last couple of months.

Making the long story short (since I don't wanna bore you with the details), we came to know that we like each other in the last week of October, so by November we let our parents know about it, they talked and even decided the dates by January 5. While all this was happening none of our project team members had a clue of what was going on. So when we finally broke the news, they were shocked. Many initially refused to believe it and we really had to convince them that it was true.

The engagement will be on December 21, 2008 in Mumbai and the wedding will be on January 4, 2009 (one more year to go). So there it is, I have decided to take the plunge and may God have mercy on my soul...

1 comment:

Akshay Surve said...

Congrats Alff & Shilu!

Wouldn't have believed it if I would have heard it from someone. even you :)

I thought you wouldn't quit the race this early :p More importantly as you have taken this step, I am sure you have done it at the right turn.

Wish you loads of happiness & lov in ur life !!!