Monday, July 17, 2006

"Resume... Whew!"

I never thought writing a resume would be so challenging. After spending 23 years on this planet with 18 years spent in education you think one would have enough material to fill a telephone directory. Think again coz I barely managed to fill two pages. As an afterthought it is better to keep it short and sweet (others don't have enough time to read unnecessary details about you) and to the point.

How do you make yourself presentable on paper? When it comes to selling myself, I fail miserably. Thats one of the reasons why I still have to depend on my bro to get my comp upgraded coz I just don't have the skills (or the patience) needed to convince my Dad to shell out the moolah.

And why do experts keep on suggesting to remove the "I" from your resume. I understand that using too much I's in the resume will make me look like a strong selfish individual with no regard for teamwork (so much for the psycho babble). But its MY resume and it should be about ME. There are only so many ways in which you can rephrase the use of I in a sentence. Writing a resume really tests your skills at rephrasing. Trust me on this one.



 

No comments: